rincey

Rincey Reads

The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy

The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy - Bill  Carter Disclaimer: I love Bill Carter and I find all of his books to be absolutely fascinating as I am obsessed with the television industry.If you're looking for some surprise ending, you don't need this book. We all know the basics of the late night debacle and how it all turns out. What this book provides is background on not just Leno & Conan, but every player in the late night business... from the late night hosts [Letterman, Ferguson, Kimmel, Stewart, Colbert] to their producers to the network executives. Bill Carter knows how to research his stories and tell a solid narrative. I didn't know it was possible, but heart grew even more for Conan after reading this book. My heart also became slightly more sympathetic toward everyone in this debacle. It was a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation for NBC and there was never any way for this to turn out in their favor. Basically this book is for people who can never get enough detail about the TV world [yes, I also loved Bill Carter's other books].